originally part of training/fundraising for the Hepatitis C Trust's Nepal trek. Now, sporadic musings...

Monday, August 21, 2006

Training week...

A week's camping at Durdledoor always feels like a week at a health farm... it's a mish just to brush your teeth, or take a shower, or go to the loo, or go for a game of pool... let alone a trip down to the beach (which feels practically vertical, even if it's not quite!).
Carole & I usually take a short walk most days; this time we went for three major coast walks. Perhaps not enormous mileage, but over excellent terrain for training.
My estimate of 25 miles for last week is extremely conservative (for once). If I'd had a pedometer on, it would have been a lot more, I'm sure.
I did, of course, keep a journal while I was there.
Which I hope to extract in here at some point...
I've had three unsuccessful attempts to post some of the pix, will try again as soon as I can.

This post is just 'keeping the faith' - and updating my mileage count...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began blogging during training for a trek in the Himalayas... several lifetimes ago. Currently working on my novel - in the tiny spaces left by a 50 hour plus working week...