originally part of training/fundraising for the Hepatitis C Trust's Nepal trek. Now, sporadic musings...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Autumn approaches...





AT LAST, a decent walk today - only two hours or so, but possibly about six miles. And I've (hopefully) solved the problem with my boots; I put in a piece of sponge between my ankle and the boot wall, and no probs with the ankle today- even though it's still tender from yesterday. Even my knee didn't begin shouting at me til I was in the bath - it was my HIPS that felt the exertion first...
All set (I hope) for another longish stroll tomorrow. I have to start getting them back-to-back - just not overtraining so that I'm past my best by the end of October... Have lasted all today without a fag - but might not manage the whole evening... (felt grim this morning, really hungover, and as I had zilch alcohol last night, it has to be the nicotine making me liverish...)
Ath & I have agreed no smoking in the house again. Well, it worked OK in January - I felt ridiculous sitting on the doorstep of my own house, puffing away, so I hardly smoked at all (except in my car).
Walking in wind today, I'm shocked by leaves beginning to drift - it's nearly Autumn already! Lots of hips and haws ripening in the hedgerows, and blue-black berries I assume are sloes. I picked a few brambles on my travels (let's hope I haven't ingested too much pollution alongside the berries sweetness).
Found another interesting circuit today, along below Marston House, past the church and then back round - practically the opposite direction to my usual circuit from Tytherington.
Will try to upload some pix - but if blogger doesn't want to co-operate, I've got my tax return and a job application to get in...
(third time lucky)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began blogging during training for a trek in the Himalayas... several lifetimes ago. Currently working on my novel - in the tiny spaces left by a 50 hour plus working week...