originally part of training/fundraising for the Hepatitis C Trust's Nepal trek. Now, sporadic musings...

Friday, April 13, 2007

major restorations

The blossom is unfolding on the tree outside the flat. Soon, its light froth will fill the kitchen window, obscuring the houses opposite. A perfect writer's retreat... and these last few days, I've been able to write again - at last!

Of course, now that I've had nearly three weeks of intensive nurturing and healing, I can see where the problem has been - not just a major scarcity of physical resources and time, but continuing to batter myself through work and treatment has resulted in soul deprivation. Not starvation (as the previous posts and the above sparkles from Lyme Bay testify to, thank you Mike!), but a shrivelling and dessication which has taken its inevitable toll on my health.
Now, all I have to do is continue the trend of restoration...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began blogging during training for a trek in the Himalayas... several lifetimes ago. Currently working on my novel - in the tiny spaces left by a 50 hour plus working week...