originally part of training/fundraising for the Hepatitis C Trust's Nepal trek. Now, sporadic musings...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

endings and new beginnings



My last day coincides with our 'Make a Difference' day (another 'MAD' day) which falls during energy saving week...


My time is spent trying to be in three places at once (no change there, then) but I manage to plant a gooseberry bush and oversee the veggie prep for our rocket stove meal (which turns out to be edible, surprisingly enough).
As last days go, it's rather special... largely down to Laura (see above). After thirteen months of sharing office space (and shoring up my role as well as her own), that says volumes for her patience and tolerance (in her shoes, I might well feel somewhat differently... not sure I'd like me as a colleague...)


Thrilled with my pressies, not just their actuality, but the thought and care devoted to choosing them (Laura again) - beautiful spectrolite pendant and earrings set, two bags of continental chocs (yum!), a book on Cotswold walks (yippee!) and a BBC 'Nature's Calendar' book with spectacular photographs.


and then on for (er, rather a lot of) drinkies at the microbrewery...
I really enjoyed myself, and I hope everyone else did too! It may be goodbye to the 'team' as workmates, but as friends... I like to think I'll take on the gift of friendship from this phase in my life. I love Sarah's idea of meeting up twice a year (she's on the left, then Maggie, Gary and Laura). Fingers crossed we can organise it - synchronising even two diaries can be a toughie!






No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began blogging during training for a trek in the Himalayas... several lifetimes ago. Currently working on my novel - in the tiny spaces left by a 50 hour plus working week...