originally part of training/fundraising for the Hepatitis C Trust's Nepal trek. Now, sporadic musings...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

another madabout words event

The third 'madabout words' that Crysse has organised for the Merlin was held on Friday night -undoubtedly, the best yet (see Crysse's blog for her comments on http://crysse.blogspot.com/). Live n' lippy (aka me and Crysse) opened and closed the evening's line-up, which consisted of songs from Howard (so good we bought the cd - well worth a listen), brilliant stories from Niamh and Rosie, a witty dialogue from Ali (read/performed byAli and Willow, with a cameo appearance from Van the Man, aka Howard), poetry from Tracey, Gordon and Dave, and a fantastic debut appearance from musical duo Jill and Mick. There were sample tracks from the dvd - poetry from live n' lippy and visuals from Howard. This will be my last event as a Frome resident; a privilege to be part of such a great evening's entertainment.

Above, Ali, Willow, and Van...

I hope I can maintain the connection to the buzz of creative energy in and around Frome...

Above; Rosie - below; Jill.

This may be my last post for a while - things have been chaotic for a few weeks, which is likely to intensify over the next few days - and then I won't have easy access to the internet (or a computer!) for a while...
But I hope to do more writing than I've managed to fit in recently - tonight, I've promised to record a session for Frome fm with Mike.
Best I get onto that now... or there won't be any words to record...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began blogging during training for a trek in the Himalayas... several lifetimes ago. Currently working on my novel - in the tiny spaces left by a 50 hour plus working week...