originally part of training/fundraising for the Hepatitis C Trust's Nepal trek. Now, sporadic musings...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

the trees, they are a-changing...


These are the first trees I've seen with such fantastic colour - most are still green, even though it's the 8th of October and the wind and rain has claimed many leaves already.

The woods and hedgerows have an abundance of berries...

Mike has loaned me his stepper for the last couple of weeks, ably demonstrated here by young Ath (not quite so young, his 19th birthday this week, a real poignancy for me after that terrible night when I didn't think he'd see much beyond 18, let alone 19...)
The stepper is a real godsend; the change in the weather combined with the nasty cold I went down with have meant my fitness isn't as I'd have liked at this stage... I even had to have a day off sick last week (which REALLY freaked me - the idea of feeling as grotty in Nepal was horrifying; much though I fancy a ride in a helicopter, I don't think I'd appreciate it if it was a necessity!)
I seem to be picking up pretty well after being crook, though I only managed a couple of walks last week. I'm not so keen on walking in the dark, which makes it tough to keep the exercise up on working days now, though I could stick to areas with streetlights... It's not the same though.

Today's walk over on Longleat Estate with Crysse and Peter was fabulous. Great to catch up with them, and hear all about their break in Crete (which you can read about on http://www.crysse.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/) but mostly just lovely to have companionship while walking.
I've been reading Julia Cameron's 'Walking in the World' again, feels very apt right now...
Must go - I have a shiatsu at 6pm, and it's five to six...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whats's Up i am new on here, I came upon this forum I find It absolutely accessible & it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute and support others like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You Around.

About Me

My photo
I began blogging during training for a trek in the Himalayas... several lifetimes ago. Currently working on my novel - in the tiny spaces left by a 50 hour plus working week...